Monday, June 14, 2010

reflection--week 1

It was the fist week I study in REW. I have met lovely new friends there and we worked and helped each other. However, it's not a easy level to study. Especially the curtail after reading an article published in a real journal or magazine that contain professional language and words. We have learnt some ways of analysing an article such as evidence, bias, logic, tone and language and so on. The structure is also an important leaning part of critical response. I flowed the structure and wrote a response to a critical response practise my reading and writing skill. And I have some problem with that, I found 'bias' is not a easy one, sometimes I got confused about it and hard to analysis in the critical response.

However, after the whole week, I am improved by discussing in a group and Robyn's help. I believe it will be better in next week with my hard working.

We did some listening packs as well, which is much easier to learn compare with reading and writing. We listened a lecture, write down notes and then answer the questions. Taking notes is not hard but to answer the question by using the notes is not easy. We need to understand the main idea of the lecture and write down the key words. Sometimes, I cannot catch the lecture, as a result I miss the key words and can't answer some of the questions. Hopefully, I will do better next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment